Wingardium Leviosa!

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Arugam Kudah scribbles and drools... Day 4

Why do you travel alone?



That's what I want, aite!

Breakfast was better than the last two days. Lol. I think talking all that Hindi is helping. No complaints though. My appetite is a large disappointment nonetheless. I did the routine of suntan lotion but today since I had time and my body needed a warm up, I started doing some dance moves. Hilarious! Then went for a quick turn on the beach to check out some rednecks surfing cose by.

Chuchu and Rochelle came to collect me in the tuk tuk. Have to keep correcting myself - brains confused with the auto - tuk tuk conundrum. 



Headed to Peanut Farm and was quite excited to get there. Turned out to be a popular spot for other beginners who were with instructors as well as a couple of dolts who thought they'd gotten the hang of surfing in one class. Ended up being a scary experience - I got wacked by a board and then two girls banged into each other so bad. 


Chuchu called off the class and said he'd extend tomorrow's class. Nevertheless the pleasure of just being able to stand on a surf board... I feel so much more comfortable. It's like my feet know what is expected from them. Hahahaha. I dunno how to explain the feeling but it's a really nice one.



Rochelle and me went a bit further down to soak in some waves before we headed to A-Bay. For the first time in my life I did a proper dead man's float!!! Very excited and I can't wait to try it again --- it just naturally happened. Now I really really need to brush up on my swimming.



Back in the room I snoozed for a bit. Kept changing my plan. I really was craving a beer but I dunno it's just not happening. Woke up and went to Bambini's cafe next door and had half of this really nice Cheese egg ham mushroom roti. Half because I couldn't finish and packed it only to drop it in the water half an hour later. Bleh. 

Listening to reggae while your meal is being prepared, staring at coconut trees, crows fluttering around and the ocean right behind you... Soulful vibes yo!

Walked all the way to Main Point and saw so much surfing love. Lost as always at the magnificence that is this planet and how far and how deep the ocean is... What's beyond that line?



I suddenly found myself asking self a very poignant question - why do you prefer tavelling alone? I prefer it. But there's more. And I realised that I just want to get away from city life, I really hate it, I detest my job and specific people which has got me in quit mode, I hate being so connected, I just want to go offline - permanently, I hate the fact that it sucks being alone in a place which is filled with people who are not like minded, I hate the pretentious folks, I'm tired of the materialism and compulsion of having to drink to be social, I hate that it's so hard to have a real conversation with a down to earth person or to even meet them because everyone has this fucking I'm so happy mask on when it's bullshit... 

We are all so fucked up inside.



Before coming here, a colleague asked me what new stuff have I bought for this trip. I looked at her confused. I told her my wardrobe hasn't changed in over four-five years. I've also come on this trip with three shorts, three banyan's, three tees. And I feel that's too much. 

I'm done honestly -- I just want to life a simple life, no bullshit from any quarters, no guys who make mountains out of nothing and drag me down with their crap, if I don't get a positive vibes from a person I'm cutting them out. I just don't want to deal with people so wrapped up in their crappy world that they can't see how much more life has to offer.

Quite a bit of soul searching again on an hour's walk, I must say. 



The king of good times is the king of coconuts in Sri Lanka and I grabbed one -- so damn good ya. Then got my standard Triangle Pattie and me gonna call it an early night. Big surfing day back at Panama Point tomorrow. 

Pumped, as always!

No comments: