Wingardium Leviosa!

Saturday, July 7, 2012

For the Last Time (Part I)


"Silence is the genius of fools and one of the virtues of the wise"


My first social gathering, outside the four corners of My heart. After eight months, I'm ready. I'm real. I'm free.

I step inside Eros (Lousy name for a 'God of Love' hotel, I think).

I'm wearing red. His favourite. Yet. Dressed. To. Kill.

Tonight.

"Are you sure about this Lizzie?" says, My darling conscience, looking out for Me as always.

"Of course I am!" totally ignoring the skipping-a-beat game My two-timing heart is playing.

Waiting at the revolving doors is Neil - who grabs me and twirls me round and round, much to the sly smiles of others and the chagrin of mine.

"Wow Lizzie, you look jaw-dropping gorgeous"

I smile, a genuine smile. Compliments from Neil are never given freely. I know. I've been victim to that acidic tongue of his as I tried mending the broken pieces of My life recently.

He pulls me close, I grin freely as I pull out of his grasp. "Behave," I warn sternly.

Chuckling, he grabs My hand saying, "You need to let loose. Come on then, I want you to meet everyone"

Knowing Neil, I know everyone - literally means - EVERYONE.

The big 'Opening Extravaganza' party is on the rooftop of Eros. He takes me around, introducing me to Ms. X who heads this company and Mr. Y who is the GM of that firm. All the while I'm shaking my head, proud of how far Neil has come. He's worked hard and he deserves his 15 minutes of fame and adulation.

His hotel is sleek and rich, to put it lightly. His clientele, even more so.

Looking back, I realise, I was way out of my league with My $40 red dress (worn once); My $26 high heels (worn way too many times) and My cheap imitation jewelry.

But what the heck, I was having my 'Cheshire Cat' moment.

Moving along, he pulls me towards a guy whose back is facing us. As I turn to charm and disarm...



"Lizzie, meet my partner-in-crime _______"

I freeze.

We look at each other for the first time, drinking it all in since the one-sided split.

Neil continues rambling introductions, oblivious to the pounding of My heart.


Till the voices in My head calm me down enough to hear Neil say - "And that's funny because you share the same name _______ that Lizzie fell head-over-heels in love with"

My brain orders My head to shake left to right but all I came up with was a weak shrug.

Neil continues talking to Him as if I didn't exist - This woman here, is by far singularly, the most amazing human being I have met. And yet, she won't go out with me. I think she is still in love with that fool who ripped her apart but she denies it."

"Oh hey! excuse me for a minute, I just saw someone I must talk to. Why don't you guys get to know each other," saying so, Neil rushes off, leaving me to face the ghost of my past.

My insides are screaming. Get out, get out, GET OUT. NOW!

As I feel the pools forming at the rims, I turn to run... and He grabs My hand.


"Elizabeth"

He spins Me around to face Him. And as I look Him in the eye, the floodgates open unashamedly.

You. Walked. Away. - I said, as I unclasped His hold on My hand...

For the Last Time.






"Some people pass through our lives for a reason, to teach us lessons that could never be learned if they stayed."



~CBS

9 comments:

Karan said...

I could feel each and every emotion of Elizabeth, and for a moment, when she was at a loss for words, so was I! Very well written, Chelsea. Gripping and very, very realistic! Keep weaving this web of words, you Spider! :P

The StanMan said...

well written!

Loginfailure said...

Nice!
I finally came out of my reader feed and to the actual blog!... :)
-Imran

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really need to continue with this story. There's just so many emotions that can be felt if you wrote more.

Nice work sis btw ;o)

Wasp Nest said...

Hi CS,

This kept me engaged. There's no doubt you're a good story teller. So what's coming out first? The CS album or the CS book?

Chander said...

Very well written ChelC ... looking forward to more stories from you :)

Chelsea said...

Part II

Where It All Began

http://chelcbfrost.blogspot.in/2013/01/where-it-all-began.html

Varun Sharma said...

Craving for more... Can't wait to read the next.. very well written.

Varun Sharma said...

Craving for more... Can't wait to read the next.. very well written.