Wingardium Leviosa!

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Arugam Kudah scribbles and drools... Day 1

Technically, Negombo

 Well, I slept at Chennai airport again, albeit inside for a change. Quite unimpressive but ever grateful for the VIP lounge access (Thank you credit card company). Ate two heavy breakfasts to make up for two flights going hungry (budget trip after all).

Everything was on time. Landed, exited, seemed like getting out of the Domestic airport back home. Have not dealt with hagglers so found it extremely annoying to have to deal with the "do you want a taxi", "where in India are you from" "do you speak Hindi" blahhhh.

Followed my instructions and walked 20 mins soaking in the sun along the way. Reached the bus station, sat down with me holdings and off we went. I love asking every ten seconds if I'm on the right path. Lol. Pretty annoying, I'm sure, but people can be friendly. Got off at Negombo bus station and took another bus to the hostel. Easy peasy.

Reached there an hour early so dropped the backpack and went to have my rice and pork curry with a generous dose of Lion beer. Happy and high, headed to snooze for a few hours.



Woke up with the sole purpose of tramping around, visited the church again, walked along Negombo beach... The sunsets out here are pretty awesome. No time for those amazing pepper crabs like the last time. Went back showered as I had to meet my online travel companion, Nadia. She found me on the share taxi site and I told her I was taking the bus and well that's that.

Turns out she works for KPMG in the UK. Lol. And she is probably gonna take up a secondment in Gurgaon. What are the odds, right? She was great company and I sure was glad to have had another pair of ears to just guide me with decisions. You never know!

The tuk tuk I struck a deal with to drop us to the bus station didn't show and we slowly started getting worried. My host at Aurora Hostel at Negombo was an awesome lady who helped us figure out the fastest way - take a tuk tuk to Negombo bus station and then take the Highway Expressway bus. We reached an hour and a half early. But grateful. Always, grateful!

No comments: