Wingardium Leviosa!

Monday, May 7, 2018

Arugam Kudah scribbles and drools... Day 3

Learning patience



Surfing is a patience game. Sitting on your board. Waiting. Calmly floating in a flurry of, on again off again waves, hoping you don't crash into the waves or people. Until you see that break wave.

It's been a plesantly lazy filled day. Waking up at 7, having a heavy breakfast, although I still haven't had one cup of good strong tea.



Headed to Panama Point once more where Chuchu had begun training since 7am. My class, I think, was much better. I'm no wave expert but I felt yesterday's waves were more challenging... Or may be I've just gotten better. Hahaha.

But yeah, I had some good moments so, satisfied with the progress. I'm hoping I get really good enough to try out some serious looking waves by the 9th class. Although, if my kite surfing class was any indication, I'm a slow learner. Oh well...


Anddddd I saw a baby croc on my return! He was just sunbathing and as I lifted the phone to snap him.... He went into the small pool. Lucked out there!


Got back and decided to snooze but ended up watching two episodes of Night Manager. I dunno who I'm gonna marry, hiddleston or Stan --- choices choices. Body hasn't been hurting but yeah it is exhausting so I did sleep in for a couple of hours. I might feel the strain in a day or two and will ask for a break, in case they don't mention one.



Headed to the East Ceylon joint mentioned by Rochelle and had a really nice Sri Lankan lunch -- the beef was rubbery but the rest of it was tasty. I think I should just do veg Sri Lankan meals.



Walked all the way to Main Point - the stop for all pro surfers at A-Bay. Was spell bound so much that I forgot to even go dip my legs in the water! There were a couple of blokes who were soooo good, local and foreigners. Women were killing it too. And the waiting for a wave... Woof! Patience baby, patience!

Walked back with a bladder about to go bust so loosened the shorts by popping open the button and thank gosh I was wearing a long top. Showered, bought some bananas and gave in to a tasty treat of patties from the front of the hotel. Yummy.

Off on my hot date with Tom now. Xoxo!

No comments: