Wingardium Leviosa!

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Nov 9: Slow to run, quick to fall

What a messed up run this was. Disaster from the moment I got up. I warmed up but didn't sweat. I was running for the first time in over a week in the morning and my body was a complete NO FREAKING SHOW!

Felt like I was physically there but mentally floating beside my body having a disaster of a run.

So I started off by walking to Aarey junction which was a painful walk to be honest.

Activity: Walking
Duration: 16.32
Distance: 1.014 miles
Calories: 154

Chelsea falls the first time:

Activity: Running
Duration: 20.54
Distance: 1.337
Calories: 196



I stopped completely exhausted, numb and unable to move. Walked for 15-20 mins probably and then willed myself to run again.

Chelsea falls the second time:

Activity: Running
Duration: 18.27
Distance: 1.160
Calories: 172

Totally disheartened and on the verge of tears I gave up and walked home - full on walk of shame moment :"(

You know the thing is - I haven't cried in over three months. May be it's part of this whole new change in me, but one thing I know is at that moment I really wanted to ball my eyes out, pull at my hair, scratch my face and SCREAM !!!

But I didn't. Like I said, I've changed. I just went straight to bed. Didn't even bother cooling down.

Woke up at about 1pm and had my lunch and saw this real nice animated film called "Rise of the guardians" and I knew I had to no matter what have a second go cause if I didn't I'd just be down and out. Plus I has to attempt 8 miles the next day so how was I gonna do that when I couldn't even do a mile without copping out!!!

So at 4pm I began the routine of warming up and I took my time, waited for the sweat to build up and pushed out of the house. I'll be honest, the ever present quitter in me was still present and active. But I dunno I guess a part of me knows that this is my own lonely battle with my mind, and that I had to master it - I dunno how else to put it. I was to do 6 miles today but I knew that I wasn't gonna manage 6 miles so I decided 4 miles would be the target (I did 2 miles in the morning which should count for something dammnitall!)

Activity: Running
Duration: 54.17
Distance: 4.030
Calories: 512

Not bad but not good. Chelsea didn't fall the third time in the same day after all :/








No comments: