Wingardium Leviosa!

Monday, November 4, 2013

Nov 2: Happy Diwali - now let's run.

I didn't sleep. Just blanked my mind (again) - this blanking out thoughts is real good. Although I wonder if it's just being repressed to catch me off guard someday when I least expect.
Anyway - I woke up to begin my routine to the sound of crackers.

Activity: Walking
Duration: 22.34
Distance: 1.402 miles
Calories: 211

It was good to have the Oberoi slope quite to myself - no traffic, no hundreds of eyes, no spitting, you know the usual. And it's good it's next to the highway so less crackers too.

Activity: Running
Duration: 1.17.59
Distance: 6.041
Calories: 736

I think the above scenario helped me in focussing insanely!

1 mile: 13.43
2 miles: 13.1
3 miles: 12.53
4 miles: 12.39
5 miles: 12.51
6 miles: 12.13

Getting good - but I could be better!!! I'm sure this will be a rarity where I'm clocking within 13 but I had a superb run and I'm looking forward to even better ones :D

3 comments:

Zech said...

Your blog is my go-to source for helping me get running on those ever so frequent lazy mornings....Really cool to see your progress. You could check out some tips on chi running, it helps the runner acquire the
skill of moving in a way that minimizes effort and loss of forward momentum between strides. Just some friendly advice so that you don't injure yourself before the big day. Kudos, keep it up.

Chelsea said...

Hi Zech! Good to hear it gets you to move your butt from the bed to the door. Congratulations! You've now gone further ahead from the couch potatoes (:

Thanks for the Chi Running suggestion. I had read about it a long time ago and went and started researching it again. It's an interesting concept and while I tried out some of the techniques yesterday,I don't think i'll introduce that into my training strategy so late in the game.

Keep blogging!

Zech said...

No problemo, You're right. I guess consistency better, it was just a suggestion that helped me, works for some; for some it doesn't, everybody is different.
P.s- The 8 mile song definitely makes you go 'the extra mile'. Maybe you should upload your playlist to reveal to us what fuels these other worldly runs.