Wingardium Leviosa!

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Nov 10: 8 Mile (for real)

Look, if you had one shot, one opportunity / To seize everything you ever wanted, one moment / Would you capture it, or just let it slip?
I didn't get up in the morning to run as my body was still stiff from last evening's run. I think dad's starting to get slightly miffed that all I do is work, run and sleep and no chores. So got up and did some sprightly spring cleaning. Did a little work, watched a film, ate a good lunch ... wish I could continue singing and say 'made a lil love' but I stopped that :P


started warming up at 4pm sharp. SLllloooowwwllyy - I wasn't gonna do anything different other than start my warm up routine 15 minutes early. Pushed from home at 4.30.

Activity: Walking
Duration: 18.42
Distance: 1.213
Calories: 175

Took the longer route from inside Yashodham-Amritvan-Ciba route (yeah even 3 minutes is a big deal man). Reach the Aarey junction. I think I'm starting to look familiar to the guys at the toll collection - the girl who wears the same outfit for her walk/runs and my GAWD THOSE SHOES... he he he :P


Activity: Running
Duration: 1.47.52
Distance: 8.041
Calories: 1018

1 mile: 14.36
2 miles: 14.6
3 miles: 13.18
4 miles: 12.26
5 miles: 12.20
6 miles: 12.49
7 miles: 13.49
8 miles: 13.42


I did 4 miles in Aarey and the 5th mile I started heading back to the Westin slope. At the entrance of Ciba I actually wacked myself a couple of times, and after a few FUCK FUCK FUCK COME ON!!! - started running again.

LMFAO

Seriously - I'm sure I'm making a public nuisance of myself but without a coach or guide - and just my mind and music for company - itna paisa mein itna hi milega.

Finally when I got done with the 8 miles - I ran out of water - gawd! I was soooo parched. I even contemplated going to Shobha's place but then dropped the idea and headed home. I walked outside my building for a half hour, cooled down with the exercises but my muscles were too taut. Got dad to get me a bottle of Gatorade which I greedily drank and I really liked it. So I'm planning on introducing that into the run and not do water fill ups anymore.

I think the bigger mistake I made subconsciously and without thinking to be honest is tried to do too much just to catch up with the schedule that I'm following. As per the chart I should have done 10 miles on Sunday but I've changed the schedule to fit my style. But my problem is I increased my runs insanely from 6 miles last Saturday, to 7 miles on Tuesday and then 8 miles on Sunday. Realisation hit me when I was aching in the night but it's worth it you know. It really is. I just can't wait for race day now knowing I can at least do a 10K (:

The challenge now is to deliver on this performance in the morning although how do I make that switch I'm unsure as it's proving to be a challenge to make my mind and body loose, nimble and flexible at 5am. But if I don't get my act together now, I know I'll not be able to do it before D-Day.

Anyway - GAME ON!!! 

No comments: