Wingardium Leviosa!

Monday, November 11, 2013

Nov 4: Amid greenery, trainings - is a run possible?


We it wasn't - cause I wanted to snooze. Hahaha.

I went to St. Pius College (aka The Seminary) where brothers study to become priests for a three day training for Small Christian Community Animators. I'm so glad I went for it because it was phenomenal learning. People usually associate anything to do with the Church as BOOORRRIINNNGGG but I'm living proof that they are wrong! There are brilliant individuals who conduct excellent and motivating sessions - so I got a good doze on enabling leadership, have a better prayer life, learning to live and respect people of other beliefs, handling conflict, team building sessions, etc.

I had planned to do my 7mile run at the seminary (it would have been the perfect way to remind me of my school run days) but unfortunately the trainings were whole day sessions and with mass at 7am I'd have been hard pressed to finish by quarter to 7, shower and head for the Eucharist.

So on Monday the training wrapped up by 5pm and I decided to walk home.

Activity: Walking
Duration: 27.51
Distance: 1.396 miles
Calories: 257

I did a short 3 mile run.

Activity: Running
Duration: 43.37
Distance: 3.048 miles
Calories: 410

No comments: