Wingardium Leviosa!

Monday, October 28, 2013

Oct 27: It's been one helluva long weekend

And I felt exhausted. I gotta tell you I never for a second imagined two years ago that I'd ever do 14 miles over a weekend... Heck - I never imagined it now either - BUT I DID IT!!!!

Albeit with a combination of warm up, cool down and the actual run - I completed 14 miles baby :D :D :D

Today's run I was a little skeptical as I already ran 5 miles the previous day and I was starting to push my body way more than what it's used to. My biggest fear as always is to not fall ill. I hate medication. And people around me hate me and my medication. lol. So yeah - can she do it? was the 'burning' question.

I started off my routine with a longer warm up. I've also started these leg exercises where I hold the bed post and draw my legs straight up. Doing ten right now but will increase it slowly. Then headed for my walk.

Activity: Walking
Duration: 15.54
Distance: 1.015
Calories: 147

Even my walking time reduced. I barely felt the burn while walking so I'm guessing a little more stretching never hurt no one. :D

Headed to Aarey junction for the kick-off.
Activity: Running
Duration: 1.03
Distance: 4.849
Calories: 599

I could have definitely done better but mental fatigue - the bane of all my sorrows... lol, crept in and even after a couple of public slaps - I was done. It was a slow but excellent walk home. The run was brilliant because I didn't stop even once during this run. I'm also thinking every alternate day runs helps in keeping my legs steady. The burn I know will reduce while the mental strength is something I need to build on. But I had a steady, solid run.

There's this gentleman who runs and he's a big motivation for me. I'm glad he is on the route :D

Lap stats:

1 mile: 13.25
2 miles: 13.23
3 miles: 12.44
4 miles: 12.35

I finally broke the 12 barrier too. If I had any water left in me by the end of it I'd have shed a few salty tears but BOO YEAH!

:D :D :D

No comments: