Wingardium Leviosa!

Monday, August 20, 2018

Daily scribbles and drools... Day 66

Day 8: This time. Last year.


Salisbury, Stonehenge and Old Sarum. Salisbury Cathedral - beautiful inside and out, with it's rich history and known more famously for housing one of the four original copies of the Magna Carta. The chapter house in which it's housed is real interesting. It has these statues above the entrance which talk about different sins and they've got small scenes and stories from the Bible. From the tallest church spire to the oldest working clock which was really impressive to flags from different regiments to some really interesting niches and I actually read of some of them dying heroically in battles in India. The thing about these tours is that people behave well and don't go out of their way to disturb the sanctity of the space. .
By the time I reached Old Sarum, it began pouring and while I had an umbrella it did get cold. I saw a lady with no umbrella so I invited her to share mine and we both got quite soaked. Waited for an hour for the hop on bus to take me back to Salisbury and from there to Bournemouth. Even the ride in the double decker bus and seeing all that wonderful green and yellow, sheep after sheep, bales of hay... Such a content feeling.
.
Returned and told Imran that I'd make him some home made food. This was after he took me walking around Boscome pier and I still was jumping with energy. To be honest, I was craving Indian food so we had Egg Curry and potato bhajji and it turned out pretty well.
.
#MagnaCarta #SalisburyCathedral #Church #Medieval #Anglican #Cathedral #Gothic #English #GothicStyle #Nave #Structure #Architecture #ArchitectureLover #ArchitecturePhotography #Perspective #Ceiling #Design #CeilingDesign #CornerStone #Cathedral #Structures #Heritage #HistoricMoment #BlueSkies #PerfectDay #Bombay2London #Salisbury #ShotOnOnePlus5 #FrostWasHere ❄️

No comments: