Wingardium Leviosa!

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Daily scribbles and drools... Day 9

Muru



So, after Nepal and seeing how terribly unfit I was, I decided to start walking home at least thrice a week... Mainly to make sure I had some physical activity happening from an otherwise 9 to 8 desk job!

One of the good things about walking home after a tiring day at the workplace is talking about it with people. After a lot of cajoling, I had the pleasure of Muru's company day before when walking home.

The boy barely speaks two words throughout the day to anyone and I keep telling him to speak up! In a one on one though, he loves sharing and is expressive and I think people just want an opportunity to be heard and not be bull dozed by us enthu-cutlets!

We had a heart to heart conversation about our goals and dreams, how and why we should always push ourselves to keep learning... And that money or the lack of it should never hold us back.

I made it a point to motivate and push him to gain more experience and work hard at self learning... And he was just sooooo pumped. I know how the enthusiasm dies once you reach home, but in my heart of hearts, I always hope, people will see my example as something they can be inspired from --- a girl with limited to no talent but gives her 110% in everything, is always learning and pushing herself, is always wanting to join in conversations and make sure she is staying ahead of the curve... Even with limited resources at her disposal.

Our conversation also took me down a lane I often recollect... Stephanie Barco. I'll always remember her telling me I had a small role in her becoming a lector. She was phenomenal on the mic when reading the liturgy in Church.

For me, inspiring people to be the best they can possibly be... Inspires me to push myself even further. So many of us are walking around with little to no faith in our abilities, in what we can achieve. So i believe that it's the collective responsibility of all those who have so much faith and positivity, to share their belief in another human beings dreams and aspirations.

The sky is not the limit! Keep soaring!!!

No comments: