Wingardium Leviosa!

Monday, June 25, 2018

Daily scribbles and drools... Day 37

Rajodi beach

I went surfing in Bombay, of all places and something, I cross my heart and hope to die, is still unbelievable. Every time my feet touch the sand, whichever part of the world, there's this moment always, before I enter the water, I just take a pause and enjoy the feel of the sand.

This beach was off Virar and I had to take the train then a Tum Tum (this Dum dum kept hearing it being pronounced as Dum Dum) and then Suyash from the Mumbai Surf School - his own venture and I think a first in Mumbai, came and picked me up in his car.

Was a good journey overall.

But the experience in the water was nothing like I've ever experienced. I honestly do not think I've ever been in any water body in Bombay, not voluntarily at least. I quite forgot about the plastic problems and Versova Beach and all. I really had no trepeditions either which was good.

Tried surfing but the waves were just too hard for me. Kept falling off. I wasn't a fan of his Soft Board at all. His Fun Board was too wobly. But the best feeling of the day was I started getting a sense of the waves which were enough for me to paddle out. That was a lovely experience and if like to try that some more.

He told me to read and watch videos. It would help me improve my surfing techniques. My body is aching for the last two days but the pain is beyond worth it!

I'm determined to achieve one surf class a month. No matter what!

No comments: