Wingardium Leviosa!

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Dec 14: Signed up for the Pinkathon - now to train for it

On Friday night I finally took the plunge and signed up for I guess in a way my first professional run. This was a 10K run and I wanted to see how I'd fair with pros and tons of cons :P

Anyway, I had a late Friday night so I went running in the evening. Was a good workout. I could feel my strides getting faster, even though the weather is playing truant with my health. I have a bad cold and which is affecting the way I breathe. So from now a 3 - 2 pattern, I'm actually doing a 1 - 1 pattern which is you know okay I guess. But I'd like to continue to breathe the way I have been practicing and switch to 1 - 1 only after my 7th mile. But let's see.



Activity: Walking
Duration:31.47
Distance: 2.018
Calories: 297

1 mile: 15.59
2 miles: 15.19

Activity: Running
Duration: 1.13.41
Distance: 6.038
Calories: 696

1 mile: 13.38
2 miles: 12.20
3 miles: 12.14
4 miles: 11.51
5 miles: 11.19
6 miles: 11.46

Good stats I must say - you can see my timing getting better. In fact I was just checking the other day how I fared about a month back when I was doing 6 miles and I must say my timing has improved considerably.

Very proud and humbled that I'm able to accomplish all of this. I really hope I can do my best at the Pinkathon tomorrow.

No comments: