Wingardium Leviosa!

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Dec 1: Take the highway or go my way

Activity: Walking
Duration: 25.08
Distance: 1.555
Calories: 235

Activity: Running
Duration: 1.56.35
Distance: 9.004
Calories: 1100

1 mile: 14.11
2 miles: 14.29
3 miles: 12.59
4 miles: 12.20
5 miles: 11.52
6 miles: 11.33
7 miles: 12.56
8 miles: 13.4
9 miles: 12.53

BEAT THAT BITCHES! bahahahahah - Started off from home to the back of Gokuldham and all of which obviously warming up and listening to some motivational shit. Once I reached the highway there was no looking back. I'm glad I ran with the traffic than against it cause it's cutting it too fine with bikers I believe if I run the opposite way.

Man the first two miles killed me literally - my legs were sloppy and uninterested inall the self talk I was giving myself. I think I stopped twice trying to get my legs to calm down and focus. Inspiration #1 was coming back just as I was about to hit the first flyover and I was like no way dude - in my head I told myself he had to be training for the full mrathon. Look at those calves... dayumn! Anyway trudging along I finished the jogeshwari flyover but stopped again before the next flyover... I think that was barely almost 2 miles... man it seems it goes quicker on the Aarey roads than it does on the highway. May be I need to keep in mind the traffic and people blocking the way so I tried not to get too disheartened.

Then inspiration #2 jogged past. Then legs were on full go cause the pain was receding slowly and it was time to push. He long outran me but I was determined to keep going. Once mile after the next - it was heartening to see signboards of Andheri, Vile Parle, the airports... and finally Santa Cruz! I stopped and turned around and headed back. The goal was 9 miles today.

Decided to run from below the bridge while coming back. Not sure if it was the best idea cause of the signals but it was safer I think. Finally crossed Andheri and stopped. Had to push solid on the 9 mile as my mind was starting to bend from the fatigue but you gotta keep on pushing if you're aiming for that prize ae?

Walked a bit and then took a rick back home finished my cool down and felt AMAZING!

High 5! It's almost time (:

No comments: