Wingardium Leviosa!

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sept 21: From desperate despair to happy high!

After 3 days of pain... thank you monthly nonsense, I decided to run. Seriously, I need my bed to auto kick me out of bed. Wait - that's not the problem to be honest. I wake up, go pee and then while on the pot convince myself why I should sleep more... lol. It really is hilarious the way I debate with my mind.

Anyway - mustering up all the will power I could gather I began my exercise routine and left for my walk/jog.

Now I stretched quite a bit but I'm not sure if it was enough. I think I need to walk for about 15 mins before I begin my jog. I cut short the walk by 6 mins and while running up the slope - my thighs were burning pain - is that even possible?

Activity: Walking
Duration: 6
Distance: .657 km
Calories: 43

Screaming my brain shut I managed to reach the entrance of Aarey but my right thigh was stiffening up and fear that my workouts were going downhill started giving way. I just got very irritated, very angry that this was another thing that looked like I was going to fail at. Heartbreaking moment when those damn floodgates bend open.

Activity: Running
Duration: 02.05
Distance: .186 km
Calories: 12

This was the worst shittiest thing to feel at 6.20am!!!! My legs just cramped up and were refusing to move!!!!! Right thigh was quite aching to go back to bed. I gave up and walked albeit very slowly. All those negative thoughts started creeping in and I couldn't shake of this defeated feeling that I was losing a battle I had barely even walked into.

I was determined to finish the walk and reach the summit. As I moved higher - I saw a bunch of people who looked like they were training for the marathon (they had the gear and the calves sooo.) That moment was motivation 1. Motivation 2 was an old but sprightly gentleman jogging and soon disappeared out of my vision. I decided to go further ahead of NZ hostel (an area which I haven't explored in 28 years) and wow - I mean WOW - I could taste oxygen - PURE AIR! amazing. That was motivation 3.

Soon I reached a fork and decided I would explore further a little later. But I made up my mind to run downhill and as much as I could but at a very slow pace... baby step/jog/run thing going. So I began and I have to tell you - after 45 mins of running straight right till Sai Baba slope on top - I felt exhilarated! It felt so good to have my body beat my mind and run that distance! I'm super proud of my achievement and can't wait to run tomorrow (:

Here are my huge stats:

Activity: Running
Duration: 54.15 (this includes two mid jogs totalling 11.13 sec where I finally gave up)
Distance: 8.493
Calories: 419

Hovering around the average pace of 8.45 mark

Cheers!


No comments: