Wingardium Leviosa!

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Daily scribbles and drools... Day 41

She cycled away



Said goodbye in my head last evening to one of the most heartfelt and kind birthday gifts I've ever received.

Every child must have a cycle when growing up. Must also have spaces to zip around. That's really your first taste of the three Fs - fear, flight, freedom. 

We'd always borrow the neighbours' bikes because papa never wanted us to own one, boils down to a head on collision he'd witnessed between a cycle and another vehicle. Sad to say, we paid for that crime but we paid our dues.

Getting a cycle at 32 is no joke. It's literally tasting those 3 Fs again --- you're just more aware of your surroundings and what you can/cannot do.

I used it about 5 times max, in a year and I'm not proud of saying that. I've been wanting to buy a cycle in forever but I could never commit to the effort it required.

This is me saying goodbye to a beautiful gift. I hated seeing it lying unused and offered it to the gardener in church whose son had been asking for a cycle. 

He'll learn the three Fs now gifted to him by three women - Mous, Ed, C.

No comments: