Wingardium Leviosa!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Kitchen tales with my right hand chef!

Got some time to kill so just wanted to write about the gazillion things that drive Chelsea each moment, of every minute, of every hour, of every day.

A great day so far. I attempted to make dal with drumsticks and a side dish of cabbage and potatoes with my Jane Doe - Nana dearest. Lol. It was a treat. She snuck up to the gas adding her own ingredients every time my back was turned. And a couple of glasses of water because - 'the cabbage wasn't cooking na chelsea'
The culprit behind my
masterpieces in the kitchen :P

... lol. I just stared at her.

"That's what I do too!!!"

Like Godmother, like grandchild, I always say.

I go to wash my hands only to come back to find some drumsticks floating in the cabbage. If you've ever seen videos of logs of wood floating downstream... well that's what my cabbage bhajji looked like. I yelled... NANA!!!!

She did the one thing she deserves an Oscar for... DAK - Deny All Knowledge.

I swear that woman is a first class act. You end up doubting your own intelligence and learn to swallow that the resident ghost was up to no good and did said mischief.

Then came the daal. 'Have you put salt?' I must have answered that question about a minimum 15 times. Ultimately, I forgot if I had put salt or not. So I added some.

Salty daal with drumsticks are in vogue people.

But it is fun cooking with my Grandmother/Godmother. So, you basically have two people in the kitchen - one who writes recipes on small scraps of paper and fixes a dish by throwing in her secret ingredient re: curd while the other doesn't remember she can cook but knows the ins and outs of a kitchen!

2 comments:

Nosferatu said...

Ha Ha Ha, So it`s turned out to be Drumstick Manchow Soup or Yellow Submarine ...

tht`s good try to cook Chef "ie",

UOR NANA looks quiet "HEP" :-) ..... CHEF DE PARTE`

thetravellingwordsmith said...

Nana's the best :D