Wingardium Leviosa!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Goodbye Grandma

Fifteen years ago you saw me in the hospital. Fifteen years later I saw you. I felt more at peace sitting by your side these last three weeks and getting the urge to pick myself up and move away from this loneliness. I have lost 15 years in knowing someone like you and today my pain is severe because I have had to deal with two main losses in three weeks. Yet, I know I have to shake myself of this self pity and be strong again.

I know we never got that chance to have a better and loving relationship. But I know you are in that wonderful place reserved by the good Lord and I know your happy. There is so much I wish for, so many things I would have loved saying to you in person. However, I have tried to say all I can these last few weeks.

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord and let your perpetual light shine upon her.

May her soul, the soul of a faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

Goodbye Grandma. Love you always.

Amen.





Nazareth Aileen - Peacefully passed away in Mississauga on March 6, 2008. Beloved wife of William for 57 years. Loving mother of Breda (Amrit), Norma, Lorna (Ashok), Desire (Lillian) and Selma (Bertram). Cherished grandma of Akshay (Vidya), Varun (Arunima), Chelsea, Chelson, Meaghan, Evan, Rochelle and Breanna. Also acknowledgement goes out to past and present staff at Mississauga Life Care Centre for the compassion and care given to Aileen during her long stay.

P.S: This post was written on March 13, 2008.

2 comments:

Apurva said...

Sorry for your loss....
from what i read you were close to her...
may her soul rest in peace....
take care

Chelsea said...

Actually I never really knew her well cause she always lived in Canada... Got to spend very little time with her when I was there in Canada. This was my first death in the family so a little difficult to comprehend. Thank you for your words...