Wingardium Leviosa!

Friday, November 29, 2019

Daily scribbles and drools... Day 94

What am I thankful for?

It's been a mixed 2019. Not all happiness and not all sadness. Loads of highs and positive energy at the start of the year, a much more focussed me to a mixed pickle in the middle to ending the year with nothing and no one to hold onto. 2018, I think was a similar seesaw. And if I look back further, each year gone by is a similar mirror of ups and downs, highs and lows.

I didn't think 2019 would end this way but I've been feeling it for awhile. It's time, to hang up my boots and soldier on. Clear in the head and clear in the heart. You can't take people for granted. You can't take life for granted and every second that we waste in being unsure about someone important to us, whether or should we keep trying or should we take a risk, or quit and start afresh or learn a new skill... Is a second we're gonna regret. And these seconds pile up.

I'm thankful for having learnt to put my feelings in perspective. They are my guides and I've always found that while my heart rules my head, I've never felt so alone and so undeserving as I do right this minute. And I don't want to give any human being the power to make me feel that I'm not good enough.

In case you haven't read my earlier post, I may not be good enough for you, but  I'm enough for myself.

And I have my constant with me, #Always. With Him, nothing is impossible -- for Him and for me.

So this Thanksgiving, I'm thankful once again for having the strength to pick myself up and chug forward. I ain't one for looking back. All eyes ahead, Freddy.


Must. Piper. Up!

No comments: