Wingardium Leviosa!

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Satara, Phaltan: Full Toon @ The Animal Farm, thanks to Jakson Inns!



I couldn't have welcomed India's 70th struggle for freedom in a better way.

Ed and I headed to Phaltan, located in Satara district... About a 6 hour drive which included a snack break and my weak bladder-pee behind strategic bush moments. Seriously,  the amount of water I contributed throughout Satara in three days, they're gonna thank me for helping 'Green' their homeland!

Ed, kindly kept guard.

Road trips are always amazing... Is what I've been told. I've done so many of them but since I always drug myself to oblivion, I keep missing out on the essence of these moments.

Since I've been able to manage to get until Pune without popping a pill, I decided to push my luck. Fate surprisingly stuck to my side and I had no need for it. Kept thanking my stars for being so kind.

So, the drive was all things epic, got chatting, had amazing Pancakes and Hot Chocolate at McDonald's (Ed - we're getting addicted to Hot Chocolate!!!), excellent music scene, the weather was pitch perfect and we finally reached Jakson Inns.

When I signed up to be Ed's wing woman for the long weekend, I had no expectations. I just wanted to get out of Mumbai. What Jakson Inns turned out to be was something so surreal.

I've never been pampered.. Seriously, never. The entire crew (I think staff is a very drab word) made us feel so welcome and homely and spoilt 'Your's Truly' rotten at least. I'm  gonna start expecting such high standards from every hotel now!

They were kind, courteous, attentive, ever smiling, never say no attitude... All these words I penned even in their feedback. Really grateful to Gautam and his crew for letting us leave with memories for a lifetime.

So I know next to nothing about Satara, let alone heard the word - Phaltan. Jakson Inns is located in Phaltan and you'd never expect a three star decorated hotel in the middle of nowhere to be so people-ready. But they were and their attention to detail is what I really appreciated the most.

Part of being a guest at Jakson Inns was the package that came along with it - experiencing their rural world in all her glory.

Not only did I get the opportunity to milk a cow (quite scared she was), we also cuddled a wild hare, held and caught some baby chicks (they really are dumb), ran with a Labrador, German Shepherd, a stray and a Doberman, went on a lumpy and bumpy bullock cart ride, had a beautiful sundowner at Pusegaon where we went right under a wind turbine and enjoyed sandwiches and scones, gazed in awe at the beauty surrounding Thosegar Falls, driving past rows and realms of endless beauty, dancing and shivering in the rain, traipsing around Ajinkya Tara Fort and Rajwada Palace, eating this spicy chutney called Thecha, to having a deadly Sangria... To yelling "Maa Tujhe Salaam" on the Mumbai - Pune Expressway!

I'd love to do all of this (and hopefully more) again!



May be not today,  may be not tomorrow... But someday (:






Also read: 

Off the beaten path in Maharashtra: Phaltan-Satara with Jakson Inns


No comments: