Wingardium Leviosa!

Friday, January 18, 2013

Where It All Began (Part II)


(To read Part I: For The Last Time http://chelcbfrost.blogspot.in/2012/07/for-last-time.html)

Come on... Come on...COME ON - I mentally beg the elevator, whose button I'm banging a million-times-a-second, to get to the rooftop...

 I can hear Him... no... feel Him running. Running to catch His lost kill.

You're mine Lizzie. Always. Don't ever forget.
His last words to Me before...

COME ON PLEASE! COME FUCKING ON!!!

The doors open. I'm in. I quickly WILL them to shut. I'm safe. I breathe.

But as they close before My eyes, He almost makes it, almost. And swears.

I collapse on the floor. "This can't be happening. This just can't be happening. Not now. Not like this." Grabbing the railing, My brain yells - STAND DAMNNIT - even as I feel the numbness beginning to creep up My spine.

I close My eyes feeling mascara run down My face in straight lines. "I'm sorry I put you through this Lizzie. I'm sorry. I never imagined this would happen. Never." Yeah, I know it's just my luck.

Not one to care what the world thinks about My disheveled appearance, I step out of the elevator, involuntarily twitching left and right for signs of trouble.

With no thundering footsteps and shouts of STOP THAT WOMAN (as if) - I race past the revolving doors and jump into the first cab in sight.



My numbness complete, I vaguely remember telling the cabbie My address. After an eternity I can't recollect, I stare at the driver dumbfounded, as his kind eyes tell me loudly for the Nth time I presume - "Ma'm, we're here."

Home.



Thanking him, I slowly walk the walk of shame to My first floor apartment, barely, hanging by a thread.

"Lizzie, don't do what I think you're thinking of doing. Please don't. He isn't worth it. You gave Him two years and eight months of your life and time, all of which you'll never EVER get back. Don't do this. Please, I beg you."

"I won't break. Not again. Not ever again," I keep repeating, letting Myself into My den of shadows.

As I kick off My heels and switch on the lights, the front door bangs open.

Don't ever run away from me again Lizzie. Ever.

I stand rooted in horror, staring at Him as he looks around My dimly lit dump.

"So... This is Where It All Began."

~CBS


3 comments:

Varun Sharma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Varun Sharma said...

whoa! excellent... I knew he would reach her apartment but the build up was too good..

Varun Sharma said...

whoa! excellent... I knew he would reach her apartment but the build up was too good..