Wingardium Leviosa!

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Union Budget 2012-13: Aam aadmi Chelsea's expectations!

My second Indian Budget with www.moneycontrol.com and I am as psyched as ever. (Just work with me on this)

Time to reflect. The learning has been slow, sometimes frustrating but I think I can say I have learned about business news, albeit a tiny fraction of what really is out there. I have tons more to digest and churn if I ever wanna be confident about business journalism.

Let's be honest, I am not smart. Lol. Understatement of the year. But I work hard and I hope this pays off in the long run for me cause I am investing time in my frugal fragile career (not to mention trying my hand at the jittery Indian stock market with my limited trading knowledge).

Yet, at the end of the day, if all else fails, I continue to stick by my principal line - What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around :D

I sincerely hope Pranab Mukherjee delivers a Budget which gets India out of the gutters and back on the fast track to growth. The mandate should not be about coalition politics but about what can help us bring our twin deficits - current account and fiscal account, under control.

The mandate should be to increase the tax bracket for the middle class to rise in society and for those starting out their careers to enjoy their first earnings or maybe save and invest rather than see it pilfering away in the government's coffers.

The mandate should be about how to alleviate those who are Below-Poverty-Line (BPL) and what can be done to make them an integral part of the India Shining story. 

The mandate should be about giving Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs), Domestic Institutional Investors (DIIs) and Retail Investors a REASON to invest in India's infrastructure, economy and growth.

The mandate should be about giving corporates some breathing space. And honestly, you can't lay the blame on either your door or their porch as it's the Opposition stalling key reforms and bills from being passed. Do what it takes to get the Opposition on your side and if they fail to listen, Manmohan Singh & Sonia Gandhi and chillar party may be shown the door, along with you of course.

On a side note, getting rid of a Railways Minister like Dinesh Trivedi who after 10 years decides to stand up to the Trinamool Congress or rather Mamata Banerjee - well he deserves an award. A rate hike is needed if you want to improve passenger safety, modernise our crumbling rail tracks and boost revenues.

So Pranab da - Aam aadmi ki awaj suno. Vote karenge agar unki ichhaei puri karonge.

Give the Indian people something to believe in, an India to believe in, a future to look forward to.

Trust me you won't regret it.

Love,

~CBS

P.S: Stick to policy changes and not poetry ramblings.

No comments: