Wingardium Leviosa!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

'The Resurrection' according to BS!

“Jesus waited three days to come back to life. It was perfect! If he had only waited one day, a lot of people wouldn't have even heard he died. They'd be all, "Hey Jesus, what up?" and Jesus would probably be like, "What up? I died yesterday!" and they'd be all, "Uh, you look pretty alive to me, dude..." and then Jesus would have to explain how he was resurrected, and how it was a miracle, and the dude'd be like "Uhh okay, whatever you say, bro..." And he's not gonna come back on a Saturday. Everybody's busy, doing chores, workin' the loom, trimmin' the beard, NO. He waited the perfect number of days, three. Plus it's Sunday, so everyone's in church already, and they're all in there like "Oh no, Jesus is dead", and then BAM! He bursts in the back door, runnin' up the aisle, everyone's totally psyched, and FYI, that's when he invented the high five. That's why we wait three days to call a woman, because that's how long Jesus wants us to wait.... True story.”


~Barney Stinson

3 comments:

Rupam P Singh said...

U know I saw this particular episode even tho I dont watch HIMYM...I was very offended by this. I did not find it funny/hilarious at all..some how its quite acceptable to joke about Christ and Christianity coz we who believe in This Name and all that it represents to us never ever protest, Its acceptable to use and to hear others using the name of our Lord as a curse every now and then. This is the Name at which every knee will bow...Ul probably be upset with me after reading this but sorry I could not let it go. why is it so hard to make movies or tv shows without making God into a joke. And pls dont try to intellectualise or rationalise this by saying take it in a lighter vein. The meaning of the death and resurrection of Christ is salvation for the whole world, saving each of those who believe from the never-quenching fires and never dying worms of hell..Take a minute and picture what HE had to go through at the calvary and trust me ul not want to joke about this at all.
I am very disappointed that I had to write post this comment, Chelc

Apurva said...

hey chelu....

See what i meant when i said that you write good...

bravo..

not the actual post...
but the reply...
:)....

Chelsea said...

its just too bad that I lost my best friend over a joke. Again Apu...